As an editor, the projects I work with are as diverse as my writing interests. I edit anthologies, collections, business and instruction books, diaries, cookbooks and tarot and oracle card sets. I specialise in structural editing of non-fiction. Each project undertaken is a new adventure.
I’ve worked with a number of small and independent presses over almost ten years, and served on several committees for writing and editing organisations. I’ve judged awards, which is a really satisfying thing to do, and at one stage I was the mentorship coordinator for both the Australasian Horror Writers Association and the Institute of Professional Editors.
In 2020, I did a mentorship with horror writer extraordinaire, Kaaron Warren, and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done. Thank you, Kaaron.
My publications are diverse, and some are available free to read online.
Qualifications, training and participation at industry-specific events
- 2022 Conflux Speculative Fiction Convention (panellist and attendee)
- 2022 AHWA Shadows Awards judge, poetry
- 2021 AHWA Shadows Awards judge, novella
- 2020 AHWA Shadows Awards judge, collections
- 2019 AHWA Shadows Awards judge, short story